5 ways you can improve your marketing strategies & book more clients
Marketing is the process of advertising and sharing your products & services with potential clients. It’s an essential part of a creative business owner’s day to day business tasks, yet one that’s often drastically neglected.
You have to have a marketing plan if you want to maintain and grow your creative business and it’s something I frequently help creatives with on a regular basis (after pricing).
Consistent and planned marketing efforts will reap rewards, not only financially, but with amazing and ideal clients who are fantastic to work with too. We’re not just here for the money right?
Here are 5 ways you can improve your business marketing:
- Update your website weekly – the easiest way to do this is in blog format with posts that are SEO optimised. The more regularly you add content to your site, the better your google page ranking will be and the more likely you are to be discovered by your ideal clients.
- Share don’t sell – this is especially applicable to social media. Post content and captions that will inspire or entertain your clients. The aim of Facebook and Instagram marketing is to connect with and build your audience not to repeatedly make offers.
- Define your ideal client – if you know who you’re looking to attract, you can tailor your message more accurately and increase your chances of a successful booking. Everyone is not your ideal client!
- Collaborate with other businesses who share the same clients as you this a great way to generate referrals and get your work in front of a wider audience.
- Keeping in touch with your clients via a regular newsletter to keep them up to date with your latest work and any current offers is the perfect way to maintain a relationship and generate repeat business.
These are just a few tips that you can implement straight away to start being more consistent with your marketing efforts. The regularity of your marketing is the key to regular income.
If you’d like to learn more about ideal clients, email marketing, blogging and using social media to your advantage, I highly recommend checking out my Business Fundamentals Masterclass series.
Marketing is something I LOVE, so if you’d actually prefer to chat to me about what you’re doing (or need help doing) please feel free to book in a complimentary strategy call with me here.